- Shedding New Light on Prostate Cancer, RSC North west Analytical Chemistry Christmas Lecture, Spectral Histopathology:, Manchester, Dec 2011.
- Infrared Spectroscopy in Biomedical Research: Scattering issues with cells and tissues, Agilent International Imaging Workshop, Cheadle 29th November 2011.
- Infrared Spectroscopy in Biomedical Research: The scattering issues with cells and tissues. Department of Chemistry, UCL Seminar, 23 November 2011.
- Infrared Spectroscopic Imaging in Prostate Cancer Research, Biomolecular Imaging Institute Workshop, Manchester, 8th November 2011.
- FTIR Microscopy of biopsy tissue: data pre-processing using the resonant Mie scattering (RMieS) EMSC algorithm, 1st Bochum Workshop on Vibrational Spectroscopy, Bochum,18-19 October 2011.
- SR-FTIR Spectroscopy of Renal Epithelial Carcinoma Side Population Cells Displaying Stem Cell-Like Characteristics, Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies FACSS 2011, Reno, NV, USA, 2-6 October 2011.
- Synchrotron based infrared spectroscopy at the single cell level: The case for scattering correction. CellNanoSpec, Porquerolles Island, France, 12-15 September 2011.
- Synchrotron based infrared spectroscopy for drug-cell interactions at the single cell level. 6th. International Workshop on Infrared Microscopy and Spectroscopy with Accelerator Based Sources, Trieste 4th – 8th September 2011.
- Infrared Analysis of Single Biological Cells. European Conference on the Spectroscopy of Biological Molecules (ECSBM-14) Coimbra, Portugal, 29 August – 3rd September 2011, (Plenary Speaker).
- Vibrational spectroscopy -a powerful tool for cancer diagnosis, Analytical Research Forum 2011, Manchester 25-27 July 2011.
- Infrared analysis at the single cell level: A new beginning, 2nd annual Single Cell Analysis Congress. London 18-19 May 2011.
- Infrared analysis at the single cell level: The age of enlightenment. Society of Applied Spectroscopy, Inaugural meeting of the UK section Manchester 17th May.
- Issues with Tissues and Hell’s Bells not Cells!, Department of Chemistry, University of Durham, 15th February 2011.
- Infrared microscopy of cells and tissue: Disentangling scattering from absorption. Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies FACSS 2010, Raleigh, NC, USA, 17-21 October 2010.
- Synchrotron FTIR analysis of drug treated cells: Can we identify different modes of drug action? Synchrotron User Meeting 2010, Diamond Light Source, Oxford, 8–9 September 2010.
- Resonant Mie scattering (RMieS) correction of infrared spectra from highly scattering biological samples, The Combined International Conferences on Biological Applications of Synchrotron Radiation (BSR) and Medical Applications of Synchrotron Radiation (MASR).Melbourne, Australia, 15–18 February 2010. Keynote Speaker.
- Infrared Spectra of single biological cell. “Can we start again please”, Materials and Engineering Research Institute, Sheffield Hallam University, 16th November 2009.
- The infrared spectra of single biological cells: understanding spectral artefacts. Workshop on synchrotron based Infrared microspectroscopy, Diamond Light Source, 10th November, 2009.
- The infrared spectra of single biological cells: understanding spectral artefacts. FT-IR Spectroscopy in Microbiological and Medical Diagnostics, Robert Koch-Institute, Berlin, October 15-16, 2009.
- Infrared Microspectroscopy of Single Biological Cells: The Curse of Spectral Artefacts, IRDG Southampton 24th September 2009.
- Infrared Spectroscopic Imaging in Prostate Cancer Research, FTIR Spectrochemical Imaging Workshop, Melbourne, Australia 12th July 2009.
- Issues with Tissues and Hell’s Bells not Cells!, School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Deakin University, Australia. 9th July 2009.
- Infrared Spectroscopic Imaging in Prostate Cancer Research, Astra Zeneca seminar (cancelled).
- Infrared spectroscopy of single biological cells and why you shouldn’t do it!, Department of Physics, Herriot Watt University, 17th June 2009.
- Infrared Microspectroscopy of Single Biological Cells: The Curse of Spectral Artefacts, Oxford, 30 April 2009.